I know I'm not sane, but I try not to let it get me down.
I guess it's just one of those things that I have come to accept over the years.
Usually, I try not to talk too much in public, or around strangers, for fear of saying the wrong thing and coming across as 'odd'.
That's one of the reasons why I don't drink.
Last time I got REALLY drunk, I cornered some guy at a party and gave him a long lecture about his subconscious mind, and how he needed to think positive thoughts.
I kept telling him that he was beautiful, and that he just needed to love himself.
He told me that I was the nicest drunk girl he'd ever met.
Unfortunately, he also thought I was after him, when really I was just trying to give him some therapy.
Still to this day, every time I see him he gets this big grin, like, 'Yeah, drunk girl thinks I'm cute.'
Actually, drunk girl thinks you need better self esteem, thank you.
I've made myself look pretty stupid while I was drunk, and that's the truth.
I also have a slight fear of returning to see my dentist, since I made myself look pretty stupid there too, while I was high on nitrous oxide.
They just sent me a post card to tell me that I am now due for a tooth cleaning.
But I don't know if I want to go back there after what happened last time.
One of my old fillings had popped out and so I had made an emergency appointment to see the dentist.
When I got there, they were already slightly disgusted with me because I had exaggerated the condition of my tooth in order to get an emergency appointment.
I told the receptionist that I was pretty sure there was no tooth left, and that it was oozing green stuff.
In all actuality, all I had was a little hole in the side of my tooth, so the dental hygienist didn't seem to think I was as bad off as I thought I was.
I still needed a filling, but I panicked really badly when the dentist tried to give me the shot of novican that he seemed to think I needed for my tooth.
I told the dentist that instead of giving me a shot, I'd much rather just go it with no pain killer, or maybe I'd accept a little nitrous oxide.
The dentist told me that that was the 'man's way' of getting your teeth filled.
I told him that I didn't care about that, but there was no way I was getting a shot because shots hurt too bad.
So he gave me nitrous oxide. And I don't know what happened to me, but I had just finished reading, 'The Tao of Physics' so I felt inclined to ask the dentist questions about the nature of personal reality.
I asked him stuff like, "If everything was really is energy, where does the gas mask end, and my face began?"
The dentist said he didn't know.
Then, since I was high I think, I asked him if he ever thought about what thoughts were.
"Are thoughts energy?" I asked, "And if so, if they are, they must add to the collective energy of the world. Don't you think? And if so, clearly, thoughts help to shape your personal reality."
I was so high; it was like I was drunk.
The dentist asked me if I would be ok to drive home.
I told him I thought I would be, but that the nitrous oxide incident would remind me always of why I shouldn't drink.
I'm too weird sober. I don't need to drink. I just get really strange.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(81)
-
▼
March
(78)
- Why I’m Crazy
- I Don’t like The Randomness of Life
- What Are You talking About?
- The Saddest Movie Out there.
- Oops!
- Your diaper is not a pocket
- Bad Drivers
- The Most Harrowing Trip of My Life
- Number One and Number Two
- Bras
- An Exciting New Discovery
- 6 O’clock in the morning
- Someone is gonna get that guy, for sure
- Video Games and Violence on TV
- I gotta get some food
- Urban Sprawl
- Controversial Topics Make a Brief Reappearance
- Food
- Little Kids
- The Food where I live Is Getting Worse
- Post for my mom
- Bad News
- Shawshank Redemption
- TV
- ‘Nother mom story
- My Mom
- My readers are funny people
- Bad news for me
- ‘Art’ project stalled already
- The subdivision behind the house
- Art work
- My writing goal had been achieved.
- What would happen if I was famous?
- Reality TV
- Worst Book Ever
- I found Ram Dass on MySpace!
- The Perfect Crime
- On Writing
- Depressed
- Forced to go to the bookstore
- Psychics
- Have you ever maced yourself?
- But what can you spell with the letters: BBH?
- I wish Angelina Jolie Was My Mom
- If I was in charge
- Score!
- The lady with the gigantic breasts
- Pissing people off on accident. . . .It happens al...
- An Exciting Update
- I’m Stunned that People May Actually Be Reading My...
- The Reason Why Art Buchwald is awesome
- Why Angelina Jolie is awesome
- I’m like a trick-or-treating genius
- Don’t write naughty words on walls if you can’t spell
- Perfectly good sign of fate ruined by chickens
- Takeru "Tsunami" Kobayashi
- Stephen King
- Pregnant Chicks
- Why I’d never make it in the city
- My Brother’s Feet
- Telemarketers
- My Next Book
- E.J. tried to kill a duck!
- The time my math TA cracked up
- I miss the health food store!!!!
- The time the cops saved us from a raccoon
- Why Brad Pitt is my favorite famous person
- I don’t know why my roommates let me watch their kids
- My Job at the Health Food Store
- The only 'flat tire' I've ever had
- The time I got busted by the cops
- The time I got lost walking around the block
- I was tricked
- The time I got my eyebrows waxed
- Why I quit being a vegetarian
- Advice to all my readers
- The story of how my brother fixed my car
- My roomate's cat is a freak
-
▼
March
(78)
1 comment:
I like you but don't trust you too!
Post a Comment