Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I found Ram Dass on MySpace!

I can't even believe it. I found Ram Dass! He's my MySpace friend! It's amazing!

For people who don't know who Ram Dass is, he's this Stanford trained psychologist who worked at Harvard and did all the fascinating LSD studies with Dr. Timothy Leary.

He spent a ton of his years in research high off LSD.

He even piloted his own plane down to Mexico to buy magic mushrooms .

How cool is that?

He and Leary experimented on subjects to see what the effects of LSD were on humans. Which has to be THE coolest job EVER.

It would be fun to interview people who thought they were like, a glass of orange juice.

Can you imagine telling people what you did for a living, if you were Ram Dass?

"Hi, I work for Harvard. I'm doing some research. It's very important."

"What kinds of research do you do sir?"

"I trip on acid to see what it does to my brain. I'm experimenting on myself. But I also experiment on other people too. I got a grant. It's from the government."

Ram Dass is awesome. Later he was rescued from his chronic drug use by Hindu spiritual masters who introduced him to yoga and mantras and meditation.

He concluded that drugs created false states of enlightenment, and that true enlightenment can only come from meditation and yoga and juice fasts.

I read about that when I was a kid, and so that's the real reason why I never wanted to do drugs.

They claim that if you're enlightened, it's like you're high all the time. But if you do drugs, you create a false state of enlightenment that pulls you closer to God, only to drop you down even further away once you come down from your high.

That's pretty much what Ram Dass says.

Burn out is spiritual death. And that's the truth.

Ram Dass is awesome.

Ram Dass is the coolest guy ever.

To think he is famous for spreading the word about LSD, and later for spreading the word about true enlightenment.

You gotta love Ram Dass.

He was even fired from Harvard for giving psychedelic drugs to undergraduate students.

Who does that? That's awesome.

It would have been cool to know which professor it was you needed to go to in order to get the acid.

Ram Dass is the coolest guy ever.

I sent him a message. He didn't reply back, but I was just like, "You're Ram Dass! You're famous. I read about you! Oh My God! It's Ram Dass!"

No comments:

Blog Archive