Wednesday, March 26, 2008

But what can you spell with the letters: BBH?

I had to go down and renew my license plate today, since my birthday is almost here, and I don't want to have to pay any late fees.

It also seems as though they have changed the plates for my state. Instead of my old blue plate, the guy at the Secretary of State gave me a white one.

I didn't want to argue with him about the plate, but I liked my old plate and I wanted to keep it.

See, I have this theory that the words that you can come up with from the letters on someone's license plate gives indication of their most dominate personality traits.

I have lots of evidence to support this theory. For instance, my mother's license plate spells 'Lzy', which is, of course, 'Lazy'.

Bekki found out that her license plate spelled RGS, or 'rags'. At the time she was going though a difficult financial time, so she went down as soon as she could and bought a different plate.

I know a guy whose plate spells 'Me'. As he is a rather self-absorbed individual, I asked him if it was a vanity plate. He knocked me right upside the head for asking him that at the time, but now, he believes in my plate theory too.

Anyone who has ever read enough Jung, knows that there are no coincidences and that synchronistic events abound in your daily life.

I don't see why randomly generated letters couldn't have a deeper meaning.

My old plate spelled ADV, which I figured meant advanced, aardvark, advocate, or perhaps, adverb. There's nothing wrong with any of those words if they are used to describe a persons most dominate personality trait.

However, the new plate that the guy gave me at the secretary of state spells BBH. All I could get it to spell while I was standing there looking at my new plate was rubbish.

I don't want my most personality dominate personality trait to be 'rubbish'. That's terrible.

I didn't want to argue with the guy because he said the plate was free, and I had to figure that I should just take what I could get and then get the hell out of there.

If I could have though, I 'd have refused the plate. Once, some lady tried to give me a plate that said VDD and I wouldn't take refused to accept the plate on account of the fact that it clearly spelled 'Venereal Diseased'.

I even told her that. She told me she didn't care what my plate spelled, and that if I didn't like it, then I'd just have to pay extra for a plate with a picture of a bridge on it.

So I bought the bridge plate instead.

However, because the rubbish plate was free, I accepted it—against my better judgment.

So, now I've got to find a word other than 'rubbish' that I can spell with the license plate letters BBH.

After trying to come up with something, and searching the top words that appear most often on the GRE (Because I found my lost book) I still find myself sitting here empty handed.

All I can think of is Babushka—but I think a babushka is a headscarf. How could a headscarf possibly be a dominate personality trait?

Babyish also works. . . . But that sucks, I don't want to be 'babyish' either.

There's also Sabbath, but what the hell does that mean for a personality trait?

There's Rabbah, whicch was an ancient Biblical city, also works, but once again, how could that possible apply to me?

Hot Dog! Bibliophile! I've got it! My dominant trait is that of a bibliophile, or, a lover of books. And that's the truth too, I do love and collect books.

My theory is a good one. I mean, it's too bad I've still got rubbish, babyish, Sabbath, Rabbah, and babushka, as terms of descriptions that could be used in regards my person.

However, I think bibliophile outweighs those negatives.

No comments:

Blog Archive