Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Why Brad Pitt is my favorite famous person

According to star magazine, Brad Pitt just got a tattoo on his arm of 'Otzi the Iceman'. Otzi the Iceman is the nickname of the mummified remains of an approximately 5,300 year-old male found in a glacier in the Otztal Alps.
Otzi the Iceman sported 57 tattoos on his mummified body.
Man, that's a freaking weird tattoo. What kind of a tattoo would a person have to get in order to top that? Kind of makes me want to go get a tattoo of something even stranger. Like the 'Woman of Willendorf', or 'Asslar man', or even an ancient map of China, or something else cool like that.
The only tattoo I have is about the size of a dime and it's of a ladybug. While I can say that my ladybug is a 'lucky' tattoo, I can't say that it's particularly educational.
My roommate Bekki has her foot tattooed with a henna design. It's unusual, but not straight up weird.
I never even thought about getting anything as bizarre as 'Otzi the Iceman' tattooed on myself, but now I'm excited.
Something else that would be cool, but that you don't see tattooed on people very often, are math symbols. And I'm not talking about pie, or anything simple like that, I'm talking like a list of operations. Like, for instance, you could get a tattoo of all the different ways there are to integrate different problem types. That would be cool. Or you could just go and get one big long integration problem all tattooed out on your arm.
I never even considered how bizarre a tattoo could be until I saw the photo of Brad Pitt with his weird ass tattoo. Usually you go into a tattoo place and you pick your tattoo from out of the book. You know, they've got the flowers, they've got the fairies, they've got skulls and pictures of women with big breasts. . . .etc. .. etc, pretty standard stuff, right? Usually, you think to yourself, these are my options. Whoever would have thought they could take a National Geographic into one of those places and be like, 'Hi, I'd like a picture of this stone baby on my left arm. You know, it's that kind of baby that died in the womb and became calcified. Yeah, I'd like it on my arm."
I know Brad Pitt probably chose the tattoo because Otzi himself was tattooed, proving once and for all that the stone age was more advanced than we all give them credit for.
But still, there's nothing better than tattooing the mummified remains of somebody onto your arm to say, "Hi, I'm weird."
How cool is that?

No comments:

Blog Archive