I have big black eyebrows. They're not as big as they used to be though, because I've sort of grown into them. When I was a kid, I was ALL eyebrows. I had no forehead at all.
Even now that I'm old, I'm still afraid that when people look right at me, they're just looking at my eyebrows. I was called all sorts of things in school, "Barbara BUSH", "Bert" and "The Muppet" were just a few of those things.
I thought if I went and got my eyebrows waxed, I'd look better, and then I'd be less paranoid about the whole eyebrow issue.
How wrong I was.
A few years ago, I went and got my eyebrows waxed. The lady told me that I had very nice eyebrows, and that she'd just clean then up a bit and that was it. I looked fine—there really wasn't enough of a difference to even notice. I went back three times and was very pleased. Until one day, I went in the place to have my eyebrows touched up, and I was told that the lady I liked so much had quit and that Kimmy was the one waxing eyebrows at that day and time.
I thought Kimmy would probably be ok, I mean, how hard is it to wax eyebrows? I should have known it wasn't a good idea when I saw that Kimmy had no eyebrows, and had indeed, drawn her eyebrows on her forehead with a marker—or a pencil, I don't know which. She then informed me that she used to have eyebrows just like mine. I should have run away then, but alas, I did not.
She waxed my eyebrows, I thanked her, gave her tip, and went on my way.
The first person I encountered after the waxing was my brother Josh.
Who said, and I quote, "Yo cracky, what happened to your face?"
I said, "What do you mean?"
Instead of explaining to me what the issue was, Josh instead told me, and I quote, "I don't know why you're here, I haven't got any crack. You should get back on the street corner if you want to score some."
I left, because I found Josh's comments to be confusing and offensive.
Instead, I went to go see my friend Margaret. Who said, when I saw her, and I quote, "Gosh, it is true."
To which I responded, "What's that?"
"There are aliens."
And I was just like, "How do you know that, Margaret?"
"Because, you must have seen one—you looked so surprised!" HA HA HA
When I saw my mother, she gasped, "My God Barbie," She said to me, "You know, I knew a girl who did that to her face once, and her eyebrows never did grow back!"
Man, I thought I was paranoid about my eyebrows BEFORE I got the damn things waxed. I looked like an idiot. After I realized how cracked out I looked, I began staring at my bald forehead and praying like hell that my damn huge, bushy, brows would grow back.
In my rush to get my eyebrows to return, I even considered using Rogaine with Monoxinal. I went so far as to send away for a catalog from the Hair Club for men.
My plan was to use it on my forehead to get my eyebrows to grow back.
Luckily, I never got any of the Rogaine, instead, I tracked the return of my eyebrows in the mirror, and watched as they slowly grew back.
I felt strange with no eyebrows. Like a part of me was missing.
Once they grew back in, I never messed with them again. Sure, I pluck in between them, and I get any stray hairs, but by God my eyebrows are large and proud. I 'm just glad to have them, that's the way I feel about it.
I love my eyebrows now, dammit. Their big and I like that. I think the smartest people in the world have big damn eyebrows. When I get to be an old lady, I'm going to slick them straight up on my forehead with Brillow cream, just like Herman Munster did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(81)
-
▼
March
(78)
- Why I’m Crazy
- I Don’t like The Randomness of Life
- What Are You talking About?
- The Saddest Movie Out there.
- Oops!
- Your diaper is not a pocket
- Bad Drivers
- The Most Harrowing Trip of My Life
- Number One and Number Two
- Bras
- An Exciting New Discovery
- 6 O’clock in the morning
- Someone is gonna get that guy, for sure
- Video Games and Violence on TV
- I gotta get some food
- Urban Sprawl
- Controversial Topics Make a Brief Reappearance
- Food
- Little Kids
- The Food where I live Is Getting Worse
- Post for my mom
- Bad News
- Shawshank Redemption
- TV
- ‘Nother mom story
- My Mom
- My readers are funny people
- Bad news for me
- ‘Art’ project stalled already
- The subdivision behind the house
- Art work
- My writing goal had been achieved.
- What would happen if I was famous?
- Reality TV
- Worst Book Ever
- I found Ram Dass on MySpace!
- The Perfect Crime
- On Writing
- Depressed
- Forced to go to the bookstore
- Psychics
- Have you ever maced yourself?
- But what can you spell with the letters: BBH?
- I wish Angelina Jolie Was My Mom
- If I was in charge
- Score!
- The lady with the gigantic breasts
- Pissing people off on accident. . . .It happens al...
- An Exciting Update
- I’m Stunned that People May Actually Be Reading My...
- The Reason Why Art Buchwald is awesome
- Why Angelina Jolie is awesome
- I’m like a trick-or-treating genius
- Don’t write naughty words on walls if you can’t spell
- Perfectly good sign of fate ruined by chickens
- Takeru "Tsunami" Kobayashi
- Stephen King
- Pregnant Chicks
- Why I’d never make it in the city
- My Brother’s Feet
- Telemarketers
- My Next Book
- E.J. tried to kill a duck!
- The time my math TA cracked up
- I miss the health food store!!!!
- The time the cops saved us from a raccoon
- Why Brad Pitt is my favorite famous person
- I don’t know why my roommates let me watch their kids
- My Job at the Health Food Store
- The only 'flat tire' I've ever had
- The time I got busted by the cops
- The time I got lost walking around the block
- I was tricked
- The time I got my eyebrows waxed
- Why I quit being a vegetarian
- Advice to all my readers
- The story of how my brother fixed my car
- My roomate's cat is a freak
-
▼
March
(78)
No comments:
Post a Comment