Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Video Games and Violence on TV

I've taken a lot of college classes. More, actually, than I technically needed to take.
After a while, you start seeing the same stuff over and over again. I've seen several of the same videos shown in different classes.

I've read recountings of the same information in different textbooks.

The authors may change, but the information generally remains the same.

One of the things I hated reading about most when I took a social science class was violence caused by video games and watching TV.

Look, I don't care how many social scientists research this topic, video games and TV do not cause people to become violent.

People are naturally violent.

All you have to do is look at a history book for about five seconds and you will realize that people were violent way before they ever invented video games and TV.

Do you think the Ancient Romans were staying up late watching horror movies before they went and watched gladiators fight to the death?

Maybe they watched something really bad, like, "Faces of Death" before they got the idea of feeding Christians to lions, too.

That has to be the case for sure, the ancient Romans were so violent because of too much TV.

I once read an account about how when Cortés and his conquistador buddies were down raping and enslaving the Aztec Indians of what is now Mexico, they cut a little Indian boys head off and played kick ball with it.

Do you think the conquistadors got that idea from a video game?

Our founding fathers, those bastard puritans, used to kill and torture the Indian population native to North America too.

Do you think those bible thumping morons got their ideas from playing a Sega Geneses?

No.

Why? Because electricity, television, and video games HADN'T BEEN INVENTED YET.

Social science researchers need to take some history classes. That's what they need to do.

Our people, the human race, burned women at the stake for practicing 'witchcraft'.

PEOPLE, who were around WAY BEFORE TV used to go to public hangings for entertainment. These people would heckle and throw things at the people who were being put to death!

PEOPLE ARE VIOLENT!

We're less violent then we used to be, that's for sure. We're actually making progress.

Don't be an ass and think that violent video games and movies could 'desensitize' youngsters to violent acts.

BULLSHIT. If these youngsters want to sublimate their violent tendencies into a healthy aggression towards their opponent in a video game than that is actually a wonderful outlet for their natural violence.

PEOPLE ARE VIOLENT.

THEY ALWAYS HAVE BEEN.

IT IS NOT THE FAULT OF TV OR VIDEO GAMES.

What pisses me off the most is that these social scientist get grants to study that kind of bullshit too.

A waste of money if there ever was one.

No comments:

Blog Archive