Nikki came over and tried to give me a piece of bread this afternoon.
I instinctively told, "No, thank you!"
She looked kind of hurt.
"Are you sure?" She asked me.
Feeling a little guilty, I accepted the bread, and with some misgivings, I ate it too.
However, there was a time when I learned the hard way not to accept food from little children.
When was Nikki was about two (She's four now) I was her 'eating buddy'.
Every time I'd come over to visit, she'd see me, squeal, and then run to the refrigerator to get a pudding.
Then she's find two spoons, and she and I would eat together, as best buddies.
This went on for quite some time, and I'd pretty much eat anything she brought me.
Until one day, when she had just turned three, she came over to me and said,
"Hi Barbie, would you like a cracker?"
"Of course I would," I said.
Then, she pulled a cracker from out of her diaper and handed it to me.
My mind flashed back to all the times I'd eaten things she'd handed to me without even thinking twice about it.
I stared at the cracker for a long while, before finally asking her what else she had stored in her diaper.
She proudly pulled out a necklace, half a bag of M&Ms, six peanut butter crackers, and a small doll.
Never again after that particular afternoon did I accept food from Nikki.
Sure, if she brings me a bag of chips, I will eat chips with her.
If I watch her open a bag of candy, I will eat the candy with her.
But never again will I blindly accept a cracker, or anything else for that matter, from a very small child.
I personally think too, that if your kid thinks their diaper is nothing but a large pocket for them to store things in, it's time to start thinking about potty training them.
And that's the truth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(81)
-
▼
March
(78)
- Why I’m Crazy
- I Don’t like The Randomness of Life
- What Are You talking About?
- The Saddest Movie Out there.
- Oops!
- Your diaper is not a pocket
- Bad Drivers
- The Most Harrowing Trip of My Life
- Number One and Number Two
- Bras
- An Exciting New Discovery
- 6 O’clock in the morning
- Someone is gonna get that guy, for sure
- Video Games and Violence on TV
- I gotta get some food
- Urban Sprawl
- Controversial Topics Make a Brief Reappearance
- Food
- Little Kids
- The Food where I live Is Getting Worse
- Post for my mom
- Bad News
- Shawshank Redemption
- TV
- ‘Nother mom story
- My Mom
- My readers are funny people
- Bad news for me
- ‘Art’ project stalled already
- The subdivision behind the house
- Art work
- My writing goal had been achieved.
- What would happen if I was famous?
- Reality TV
- Worst Book Ever
- I found Ram Dass on MySpace!
- The Perfect Crime
- On Writing
- Depressed
- Forced to go to the bookstore
- Psychics
- Have you ever maced yourself?
- But what can you spell with the letters: BBH?
- I wish Angelina Jolie Was My Mom
- If I was in charge
- Score!
- The lady with the gigantic breasts
- Pissing people off on accident. . . .It happens al...
- An Exciting Update
- I’m Stunned that People May Actually Be Reading My...
- The Reason Why Art Buchwald is awesome
- Why Angelina Jolie is awesome
- I’m like a trick-or-treating genius
- Don’t write naughty words on walls if you can’t spell
- Perfectly good sign of fate ruined by chickens
- Takeru "Tsunami" Kobayashi
- Stephen King
- Pregnant Chicks
- Why I’d never make it in the city
- My Brother’s Feet
- Telemarketers
- My Next Book
- E.J. tried to kill a duck!
- The time my math TA cracked up
- I miss the health food store!!!!
- The time the cops saved us from a raccoon
- Why Brad Pitt is my favorite famous person
- I don’t know why my roommates let me watch their kids
- My Job at the Health Food Store
- The only 'flat tire' I've ever had
- The time I got busted by the cops
- The time I got lost walking around the block
- I was tricked
- The time I got my eyebrows waxed
- Why I quit being a vegetarian
- Advice to all my readers
- The story of how my brother fixed my car
- My roomate's cat is a freak
-
▼
March
(78)
No comments:
Post a Comment