Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Saddest Movie Out there.

I just watched, 'Blow' which is the saddest movie I think I've ever seen.

In Blow, there's this drug lord, played by Johnny Depp, who just keeps getting screwed over.

First, he made a fortune selling marijuana, but then his horrible mother called the cops on him and had him sent to prison.

While in prison, this guy made friends with another convict, and they got the idea of selling the cocaine they got from Columbia in the States.

The movie is really sad because every time the main character turns around, somebody screws him over.

His fiancée dies, tragically, from cancer. That was really sad.

Then, after that, he marries this horrible Columbian woman, who just wants his money.

Then, his friend betrays him, and he gets cut out of the drug dealing loop.

And he started off looking like Johnny Depp, and quite attractive, until he was beaten by these Columbian drug lords, and then he just starts to look bad.

His nose got all twisted, and he got really fat.

That movie makes me cry every time I watch it.

There are only two movies I've ever seen that have made me cry.

One was 'Braveheart', when they killed William Wallace. And the other sad movie is 'Blow'.

I just get weepy every time I watch that damn movie.

Towards the end, this poor guy loses all the money he was keeping in a bank in Columbia, and then he gets busted by the Feds too, and has to go to prison.

When he finally gets out, he tries to make some money by doing only one more major drug business negotiation so that he can somehow get full custody of his daughter and then move way.

But instead of it working out for him, his friends just set him up and then sent him to prison for the rest of his life.

You know, I don't care if someone is a drug lord, if they are your friend, you can't screw them over like that just to save your own ass.

By the end of the movie, Johnny Depp looks like hell. All he wants, in the end, is for his daughter to visit him, but she won't do it.

You know, I'd go see my dad if he was in prison right now. Especially if all he went in for was being a drug dealer.

I'd go visit my dad no matter where he lived.

That movie just makes me so sad.

It's one of the most depressing movies out there, for sure.

No comments:

Blog Archive