Thursday, March 27, 2008

I Don’t like The Randomness of Life

Well, I just watched the most disturbing episode of 'Forensics Files' ever.

This guy named Bob got married to this evil woman whose name I can't remember.

After they had been married for two months, Bob made his new wife the sole beneficiary of his life insurance policy in the event of his death.

The very next day, his wife began adding rat poison to Bob's tea.

The hair analysis that the scientists did on poor Bob's hair indicated that he had been slowly poisoned for over a year before he was finally made so ill that he had to go to the hospital.

There, in the hospital, his wife came to visit him, and while she stayed in his room, she added a large amount of rat poison to his soda, in order to finish him off.

Then, when they pulled the plug on Bob, his wife insisted on staying in the room in order to watch him die.

The most disturbing part of the whole show was the fact that this woman decided to kill her husband so soon.

She didn't even wait to see if she liked him, she just cut right to the chase and killed him at the very beginning.

I think two months is still the 'honeymoon' stage of being married, too.

The whole time, I just kept thinking to myself, "Why did this have to happen to Bob? Was it just bad luck? Or was there a point?"

Do you think there was a higher purpose, or a greater plan, that God had for Bob regarding the rat poisoning death? Or do you think it was just totally random and Bob just married the wrong person?

It's very frightening to think that Bob was just in the wrong place at the wrong time when he met his wife.

After I saw that disturbing show, I then watched another one where these people were trying to hire a hit man to kill their son.

Unfortunately, these people did not contact a real hit man, but rather, an undercover police officer.

Once again, I was reminded of the randomness of life.

How is it that some people can contact a real hit man, and then other people accidentally contact the police when they want to put the hit on someone?

Is life just totally random?

Is there a point to anything?

And is it safe for anyone to take a life insurance policy out on themselves?

I'm not just talking about married people, if you're married then a life insurance policy is obviously some sort of a death sentence, so I would never get one.

But is it safe to take a life insurance policy out on yourself at all?

I am beginning to think that you should never trust anyone with large sums of money in the event of your death.

I think when it comes to life insurance, anything more than what is needed to cover funeral costs is a really bad idea.

Life insurance really isn't the point though; it's the creepy randomness of life that is the real issue.

If you knew who the real hit man was, or if your wife would feed you poison, then you'd make better life choices.

You wouldn't take risks that would never work out for you if you knew how to make safe decisions.

If you knew, 100%, that if you married Betty or Sarah, or Dave, or Joe, that they wouldn't kill you at a later time, then it would be safer to get married.

If you knew where to go in order to find real help, real services, and real advice—and not just con artists and the cops, this world would be a much better place.

No comments:

Blog Archive