would like to proudly announce that my goal of writing every day for twenty minutes has not only been accomplished, but I have actually succeeded in my goal far beyond my wildest expectations.
I thought posting to a blog and getting some feedback would make me want to write more things, and I was clearly correct.
It's great to get comments, and it makes you want to write more things, just to see if anyone has an opinion on what you've written that day.
In the book, "Writing down the Bones," Natalie Goldberg says to write for twenty minutes about the first thing that pops into your head, not to edit anything, and then just let it go.
This I have faithfully been doing, as you plainly see from my blog.
I don't know if I am getting to be any better of a writer, however, I do have some statistical figures and just regular numbers too, that I have been keeping track of regarding my blog.
For instance, I have made 163 blog posts. I started on May 26 (or so) and without actually figuring anything out, I'd say I've been posting now fairly regularly for the past 68 days—give or take.
This works out to an average of 2.397 blog postings a day.
If I had been working on a writing a book, instead of just posting dumb stuff to a MySpace blog, I'd be well into working on the end of the novel.
At this time, I have also had 2,831 blog views.
How many of those view were actually my own is impossible to say. However, I like to think I'm famous, and that I have a great many readers.
I have also had 109 comments made, and 27 kudos.
While it's true that 27 kudos isn't a whole lot of kudos, it's also true that I can't seem to give myself kudos (I know because I tried) and so therefore I know for a fact that I have had someone read my blog AT LEAST 27 times.
I'm clearly famous now. It's terribly exciting.
Even if I wasn't famous now, though, I'd still be pleased with myself because I really have been faithfully plugging away at my writing practice.
If all the incentive I needed was to have the occasional post where someone said something like, "Why are you so damn weird?" in order to keep me motivated, I feel it's obvious that I must really enjoy writing, and also, I'm easily pleased.
I'd like to thank everyone who ever reads this blog, and also to tell you all individually (I'm pretty sure there might be 4 of you, however, that number fluctuates wildly.) that I think you're nice people, and I appreciate that you are all helping me stay committed to my writing practice, and in keeping the blog hit number up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(81)
-
▼
March
(78)
- Why I’m Crazy
- I Don’t like The Randomness of Life
- What Are You talking About?
- The Saddest Movie Out there.
- Oops!
- Your diaper is not a pocket
- Bad Drivers
- The Most Harrowing Trip of My Life
- Number One and Number Two
- Bras
- An Exciting New Discovery
- 6 O’clock in the morning
- Someone is gonna get that guy, for sure
- Video Games and Violence on TV
- I gotta get some food
- Urban Sprawl
- Controversial Topics Make a Brief Reappearance
- Food
- Little Kids
- The Food where I live Is Getting Worse
- Post for my mom
- Bad News
- Shawshank Redemption
- TV
- ‘Nother mom story
- My Mom
- My readers are funny people
- Bad news for me
- ‘Art’ project stalled already
- The subdivision behind the house
- Art work
- My writing goal had been achieved.
- What would happen if I was famous?
- Reality TV
- Worst Book Ever
- I found Ram Dass on MySpace!
- The Perfect Crime
- On Writing
- Depressed
- Forced to go to the bookstore
- Psychics
- Have you ever maced yourself?
- But what can you spell with the letters: BBH?
- I wish Angelina Jolie Was My Mom
- If I was in charge
- Score!
- The lady with the gigantic breasts
- Pissing people off on accident. . . .It happens al...
- An Exciting Update
- I’m Stunned that People May Actually Be Reading My...
- The Reason Why Art Buchwald is awesome
- Why Angelina Jolie is awesome
- I’m like a trick-or-treating genius
- Don’t write naughty words on walls if you can’t spell
- Perfectly good sign of fate ruined by chickens
- Takeru "Tsunami" Kobayashi
- Stephen King
- Pregnant Chicks
- Why I’d never make it in the city
- My Brother’s Feet
- Telemarketers
- My Next Book
- E.J. tried to kill a duck!
- The time my math TA cracked up
- I miss the health food store!!!!
- The time the cops saved us from a raccoon
- Why Brad Pitt is my favorite famous person
- I don’t know why my roommates let me watch their kids
- My Job at the Health Food Store
- The only 'flat tire' I've ever had
- The time I got busted by the cops
- The time I got lost walking around the block
- I was tricked
- The time I got my eyebrows waxed
- Why I quit being a vegetarian
- Advice to all my readers
- The story of how my brother fixed my car
- My roomate's cat is a freak
-
▼
March
(78)
No comments:
Post a Comment