Wednesday, March 26, 2008

An Exciting Update

The people I live with were just outside clipping the wings of E.J.'s chickens in the dark. They claim there is a light in the chicken coop, so they could see.

However, E.J. still managed to snip Bekki on the finger with the scissors.

I told them that doing that kind of shit in the dark was a bad idea.

You'd never catch me out clipping chicken's wings in the dark.

Bekki came and her finger was bleeding. I almost fainted when I saw the blood.

The fact that E.J. managed to clean up the blood and bandage Bekki's wound was an obvious act of efficacy* .
However, I fear that the danger of using the scissors is not a problem that is ephemeral* , due to the already explicitly* stated fact that it is DARK OUTSIDE.

Once she stopped bleeding, they actually went back out there to continue their stupid project.

This is almost as bad as the time I got frantic phone call informing me that E.J. accidentally hit himself in the foot with an axe.

There will, of course, be another update in case anything else homogenous* happens to occur on this particularly dangerous and erratic evening.

Wait! I got an update even before I posted this post. Bekki appears to be terribly allergic to chicken feed. She's having a violent asthma attack, and E.J. is trying to rinse the chicken feed off her right now.

I'll post another update if they go to the hospital. They might. They go to the hospital a lot.

From the list of words that show up most often on the GRE:

Ephemeral: Lasting a short time
Efficacy: Effectiveness
Homogenous: The same
Explicitly: Clearly stated

No comments:

Blog Archive