My roommate, E.J. has all these chickens and ducks and he fancies himself to be some sort of a farmer. He's currently hoping to figure out a way to get a goat, and I guess he has plans on joining some sort of a weird cow share program, were people all go in on a cow and then everyone shares the milk.
Anyway, E.J. kept saying that he was going to kill, pluck, and butcher his ducks and chickens once they got big enough to eat. He planned on keeping some for the eggs of course, but he had promised Bekki that we'd be eating most of the poultry living in the backyard.
The trouble with E.J. though, is that E.J. has never killed anything, and he thinks of himself as a Buddhist. In fact, he found the Buddhist religion shortly before he got all his ducks and chicken.
He kept saying he was going to kill a chicken, or a duck, and that we would be eating one soon, for a long time.
One day, he stood up from the couch, where he had been sitting, and declared that he was, "Gonna do it."
Herewith is an account of E.J.'s one duck killing attempt:
So there was this gimpy duck, right. It had a bad leg. E.J. decided that that would be a good duck to kill and eat. So, he got a machete, and he went up to the duck, and swung the knife at the ducks neck in an attempt to lop off its head.
Unfortunately, the knife was pretty dull, and the neck was only gashed. The duck just began spurting blood all over while it ran around.
All of the other ducks and chickens turned to look at what was happening.
They began screaming and flapping their wings.
E.J. then tried again. He swung the knife, and gashed the duck on the other side of its neck.
The duck started spurting even more blood from its neck, and then it began staggering in circles.
The chickens were screaming and flapping their wings. The ducks were crying in terror. E.J. didn't know what to do. Finally, he lunged at the duck and with a couple of violent swipes with his knife, lopped off its head.
Then, he took the duck meat from the dead duck, and buried the rest of the duck in the woods.
After which, he came back home and sat and stared at the wall for a while.
I guess the duck killing attempt was so traumatic that E.J. has decided that he will never kill another duck or chicken ever again.
In fact, he's taking them to some Amish guy to butcher them from now on.
I told E.J. that he never should have become a Buddhist BEFORE he became a chicken and duck farmer, but he just glared at me so I shut up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(81)
-
▼
March
(78)
- Why I’m Crazy
- I Don’t like The Randomness of Life
- What Are You talking About?
- The Saddest Movie Out there.
- Oops!
- Your diaper is not a pocket
- Bad Drivers
- The Most Harrowing Trip of My Life
- Number One and Number Two
- Bras
- An Exciting New Discovery
- 6 O’clock in the morning
- Someone is gonna get that guy, for sure
- Video Games and Violence on TV
- I gotta get some food
- Urban Sprawl
- Controversial Topics Make a Brief Reappearance
- Food
- Little Kids
- The Food where I live Is Getting Worse
- Post for my mom
- Bad News
- Shawshank Redemption
- TV
- ‘Nother mom story
- My Mom
- My readers are funny people
- Bad news for me
- ‘Art’ project stalled already
- The subdivision behind the house
- Art work
- My writing goal had been achieved.
- What would happen if I was famous?
- Reality TV
- Worst Book Ever
- I found Ram Dass on MySpace!
- The Perfect Crime
- On Writing
- Depressed
- Forced to go to the bookstore
- Psychics
- Have you ever maced yourself?
- But what can you spell with the letters: BBH?
- I wish Angelina Jolie Was My Mom
- If I was in charge
- Score!
- The lady with the gigantic breasts
- Pissing people off on accident. . . .It happens al...
- An Exciting Update
- I’m Stunned that People May Actually Be Reading My...
- The Reason Why Art Buchwald is awesome
- Why Angelina Jolie is awesome
- I’m like a trick-or-treating genius
- Don’t write naughty words on walls if you can’t spell
- Perfectly good sign of fate ruined by chickens
- Takeru "Tsunami" Kobayashi
- Stephen King
- Pregnant Chicks
- Why I’d never make it in the city
- My Brother’s Feet
- Telemarketers
- My Next Book
- E.J. tried to kill a duck!
- The time my math TA cracked up
- I miss the health food store!!!!
- The time the cops saved us from a raccoon
- Why Brad Pitt is my favorite famous person
- I don’t know why my roommates let me watch their kids
- My Job at the Health Food Store
- The only 'flat tire' I've ever had
- The time I got busted by the cops
- The time I got lost walking around the block
- I was tricked
- The time I got my eyebrows waxed
- Why I quit being a vegetarian
- Advice to all my readers
- The story of how my brother fixed my car
- My roomate's cat is a freak
-
▼
March
(78)
No comments:
Post a Comment