Wednesday, March 26, 2008

6 O’clock in the morning

Well, I was awoken from a deep sleep very early this morning at the sound of the baby screeching.

I guess I must have more maternal instinct then I thought I did, since I can't believe I'd ever wake up for something like a baby screaming.

But Ocean, Bekki's baby, has only two regular cries.

One is the cry she makes when she is uncomfortable and needs some food or her diaper changed.

And the other is a high pitched screech she makes when you've done something to piss her off.

I personally get the high pitched screech a lot, because I piss the baby off a lot.

She doesn't think I'm competent, and I'm always trying to put her down, or get her to take a nap.

The cry that woke me up, however, was more of a pathetic whimpering.

It was a frightening, sad cry.

A cry that something was desperately amiss.

I jumped from my bed and ran out to investigate the situation, where I soon found Bekki comforting her whimpering baby.

It seems that baby, who is too lazy to crawl, for some reason did some sort of a butt wiggle/pelvic thrust up Bekki's bed.

Once she got to the top of the mattress, she stuck her head in the gap between the mattress and the wall, where she got her head stuck.

Her head was stuck and she couldn't pull it back out.

I guess it was the fear of having her head stuck like that that caused her to make that pathetic cry of distress.

She looked all shaken and freaked out.

When I found out what had caused the distress cry, I started laughing.

Then Bekki started laughing too, because you know, it really was funny.

I mean come on? Who gets their head stuck between the mattress and the wall?

No comments:

Blog Archive