Wednesday, March 26, 2008

What would happen if I was famous?

A question I can't stop turning over in my mind, ever since I saw footage of Britney Spears beating a photographer with an umbrella, is how I myself would react if I were to become famous.

I think of myself as a 'non conformist by accident', meaning, I'm not trying to be a non conforming person, it just happens.

So, it's a good question to ask, "Would I do that too, if I was famous?"

Would I be like all the other famous people, and get all strung out and wasted on drugs?

If I had a million dollars, would I spend it all on cocaine? Would I crash my BMW into a tree? Would I drive the wrong way down the express way because I was high on Black Tar Heroin?

This is a good question, because you never know.

When Britney Spears had that melt down, and shaved her head, and basically wigged out, for a little while she was my hero.

I was hoping she's stop singing that pop music crap she's famous for and become more like Marilyn Mason, or Trent Resner from 'Nine Inch Nails'.

The best thing about people who go crazy like that is they're legitimate. They're not pretending to be unstable. They are unstable, and there's proof. .

Another option that I would have if I was famous, would be to refuse to become all strung out on drugs, and live a clean, normal existence.

I'll bet that if I was famous, I'd be like Matthew McConnaughey. Matthew McConnaughey lives in a camper by the ocean. He drives to different beaches, and parks his camper there so that he can spend his days surfing.

He only does a movie if funds are low. He also very rarely bathes, and drinks a lot of beer.

I think that if I was famous, I too would live in a camper. I'd learn to surf, and park my camper at the beach. I don't think I'd stop bathing though, and I wouldn't drink beer, because that's not my thing.

If I was famous, I'd go hang out with people like Ram Dass, and live in a Ashram in India. Then, I'd go back home to my camper by the beach all enlightened.

It would be great. I'd make one movie a year.

No one would know that I was famous because I'd be all dirty most of the time. No one would ever recognize me at all. I'd be incognito, wearing clothing I made myself, and churning my own butter and living off the land in different state parks.

I'll bet that's how I'd refuse to conform, if I was famous. By being really weird.

No comments:

Blog Archive