Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Score!

I went over and saw Tasha and she gave me all her old belly button rings.

Now, I have like nine belly button rings. This is awesome considering the fact I lost all but two of my own.

The fact that I have my belly button pierced, but Tasha's belly button has healed, is a particularly ironic and tragic fact.

See, Tasha had wanted her belly button pierced since the age of eight. Once she got to be about 13, she started in on a regular campaign of trying to pierce her own belly button.

She tried to pierce her belly button herself, for several years.

She used a great many different sharp objects to accomplish her objective.

Once, she managed to pierce all the way through her belly button with a thumbtack. Another time, she did managed to pierce her belly, but then later became deathly ill after an infection set in.

Now me, I never wanted any piercing. I could care less. What happened to me was, I went with Willow, and Margaret to the tattoo place because Willow wanted her tongue pierced.

Then once we got there, Willow started to panic. I jokingly told her that I'd get pierced with her for moral support if she paid for it, because I'd never pay for any of that shit.

Then she ran out and paid for my belly piercing with her debit card.

I didn't know what to do because the tattoo people said that there were no refunds.

I'm deathly afraid of needles, in fact, I never even got immunized for school because immunizations require shots, so I just signed a waver.

Anyway, I started to panic, and we had brought Margaret's two kids with us, so the piercing guy told them to hold me down.

When the piercer guy shoved the needle through my belly button, I screamed so loud, he yelled at me and told me that no one ever screams that loudly over a stupid piercing.

After the fact, I went home and could not stop looking at my belly button, all while wondering what had happened to me, and why the hell I had been disfigured.

Then, the damn thing got infected and turned all red. It oozed puss, it hurt very badly, and I felt even more like a retard for having it gotten pierced.

They told me to put sea salt on it, in a little cup. But the damn thing got infected so often that I started taking baths in sea salt. I was always floating around in salt water, trying to get my stupid belly button to heal.

I got my belly pierced in August, and then the stupid thing finally healed in December and no one even thought about picking me up a belly button ring for Christmas, so as to celebrate the fact that the gigantic puncture wound on my stomach had finally stopped oozing puss.

Now, I've got a stupid belly button piercing that I don't even really want. All while poor Tasha took her belly button ring out for about a month while she was pregnant and the hole healed immediately.

Not only that, but Tasha pined for a belly button piercing for years, only to keep it for about 11 months total before it closed up.
Now that the hole has closed, Tasha can never get a new piercing due to the extensive scar tissue she sports around her belly button area.

Meanwhile, I had to be jumped by a piecer and two children to get my belly pierced

I'll probably be the one who ends up keeping my stupid belly piercing forever.
All while I look at it and think to myself, "What the hell did I get that thing for?"

A note: I'd post some big words in the post but I can't find my GRE book because some jerk moved it while they were 'cleaning'. When Bekki gets back home there's gonna be hell to pay.

No comments:

Blog Archive