Wednesday, March 26, 2008

TV

I don't know why some of you people are so down on watching TV.

I myself learn a great deal from watching television.

My name is Barbie, and I live in a small town, and if it wasn't for HBO and Showtime and Court TV and other cable channels, there would be all sorts of things going on in the world that I personally would never know anything about.

For instance, I just found out that people who go to prison often hide homemade weapons in their rectums.

That's why, when you're in prison, your rectum is often called your, 'Prison Wallet'.

I just watched a fascinating show on Court TV were this guy's job was to take x-rays of prisoners, and then to evaluate those same x-rays in order to see what types of things the prisoners were attempting to hide in their "wallets".

Fascinating stuff. I also learned that you can make a weapon out of a razor and a toothbrush. People in prison can make weapons out of almost anything, I guess.

But that's not all I've learned from watching TV.

I used to be a devoted fan of a show that documented life inside a brothel called 'The Bunny Ranch". That too was fascinating television watching.

I learned all kinds of stuff about prostitutes by watching that show, not only that, but I once saw a show about prostitutes who work the streets too.

I know all about prostitutes because back when I still had HBO (We don't get that channel here anymore) I used to watch prostitution documentaries all the time.

I personally think that the most educational channel on TV has got to be HBO.

I remember once, I was watching this documentary on HBO about these two drug addicts who lived in an elevator, and the one drug addict went out and prostituted himself for some crack.

I saw that, and I was stunned.

I remember, my jaw dropped open and popcorn fell out of my mouth and onto my shirt, it was gross.

That night, I saw it all.

I mean, I saw the whole graphic prostitution and then I saw the guy go back to his elevator home to smoke his newly 'scored' crack.

You can't accuse me of being unworldly. I saw some guy prostitute himself for crack once. Not everyone has seen anything so graphic. . . or dare I say. . . .so disturbing.

You know, people talk about the dark side of life, and the underworld that is all around us, and it's hard to believe that some of what they say is true. Until you see it on TV, in which case, then you're educated.

Once you've seen some of these TV shows, that's when you really do become aware of the kinds of things that are out there.

I say TV is educational, I don't know why people knock it all the time.

No comments:

Blog Archive