****
An update regarding the chicken coop incident: Bekki is fine. She took some allergy medicine and went to bed. So I guess it turns out that a trip to the hospital wasn't needed this evening. . .
Now, back to our story:
Bekki is a CNA at a nursing home and I guess she doesn't really like her job that much.
I actually won't listen to her work stories because they always involve at least one reference to some sort of bodily secretion, of one kind or another.
She never really cared too much for her job as a general thing, but a recent incident has thrown her so far over the edge she is now seriously considering going to work at the same sweatshop I worked at for two days.
Here's what happened:
I guess she walked into an elderly woman's room who she was supposed to take care of, doing whatever it is that CNAs do. I don't really know what they do because I stopped listening to those types of stories a long time ago.
The woman was about 95 years old, she was naked, her leg was behind her neck, and she masturbating vigorously.
It took a moment for Bekki to fully comprehend the nature of what her eyes had taken in, but once she did, she went running from the room in shock and distress, while shouting, "Why! Why! Why God! Why!"
Now she wants to quit her job, and she claims she doesn't care where she works. She's even willing to go and put stickers onto envelopes.
She told me today that she'd call the Navy if it weren't for her bum knee and her
asthma.
She thinks it's possible that she might be able to go on disability if she can somehow prove that the sight of seeing an old lady masturbating has caused her irreparable mental problems due the trauma. A trauma that would almost certainly be the root of any posttraumatic stress disorder and depression that Bekki suffer from in the future.
Besides seeing the old lady masturbating, Bekki has also managed to alienate some of her coworkers while at work.
The problem with Bekki, though, is that while she is a very sweet and likable person, she has no internal sensor that tells her what not to say. This is especially bad for her when she is at work.
For instance, Bekki was talking to some lady while I work a few weeks ago.
I guess Bekki and this lady were talking about why they worked at the Nursing home.
Bekki said something like, "I work here because I have to pay my mortgage. I really screwed myself over with that 'buy a house' bullshit."
"I work here because God told me to come work at the Nursing home in a vision," The lady then replied.
To which Bekki responded, without thinking, "I guess God must hate you, huh?"
Before she then broke out into crazed maniacal laughter.
I guess it took almost a full minute of this lady staring at Bekki in horror before Bekki finally quit giggling and came to the full realization that this woman was actually serious.
According to the lady, God really DID come to see her in a vision and tell her to go work at a nursing home as a CNA.
Now, evidently, this lady won't to speak to Bekki anymore. She just makes faces at her from a distance in an inimical* sort of way. A totally tacit* approach, and disturbing too.
Bekki feels bad for pissing the woman off, however, the veracity* of her rebuke is one that cannot be denied. Indeed, any attempts to placate* the plethora* of fervid* and extreme hatred this lady now holds for her would probably be a waste of time.
The trouble with Bekki is that she is not stolid*, but rather suffers from a terrible case of foot-in-mouth syndrome.
From the list of most commonly found words on the GRE:
Inimical: Hostile, unfriendly
Tacit: Done without using words
Veracity: Filled with the truth and accuracy
Placate: To sooth or pacify
Plethora: Excess
Fervid: Intensely emotional; feverish
Stolid: Unemotional; lacking sensitivity
6:45 PM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(81)
-
▼
March
(78)
- Why I’m Crazy
- I Don’t like The Randomness of Life
- What Are You talking About?
- The Saddest Movie Out there.
- Oops!
- Your diaper is not a pocket
- Bad Drivers
- The Most Harrowing Trip of My Life
- Number One and Number Two
- Bras
- An Exciting New Discovery
- 6 O’clock in the morning
- Someone is gonna get that guy, for sure
- Video Games and Violence on TV
- I gotta get some food
- Urban Sprawl
- Controversial Topics Make a Brief Reappearance
- Food
- Little Kids
- The Food where I live Is Getting Worse
- Post for my mom
- Bad News
- Shawshank Redemption
- TV
- ‘Nother mom story
- My Mom
- My readers are funny people
- Bad news for me
- ‘Art’ project stalled already
- The subdivision behind the house
- Art work
- My writing goal had been achieved.
- What would happen if I was famous?
- Reality TV
- Worst Book Ever
- I found Ram Dass on MySpace!
- The Perfect Crime
- On Writing
- Depressed
- Forced to go to the bookstore
- Psychics
- Have you ever maced yourself?
- But what can you spell with the letters: BBH?
- I wish Angelina Jolie Was My Mom
- If I was in charge
- Score!
- The lady with the gigantic breasts
- Pissing people off on accident. . . .It happens al...
- An Exciting Update
- I’m Stunned that People May Actually Be Reading My...
- The Reason Why Art Buchwald is awesome
- Why Angelina Jolie is awesome
- I’m like a trick-or-treating genius
- Don’t write naughty words on walls if you can’t spell
- Perfectly good sign of fate ruined by chickens
- Takeru "Tsunami" Kobayashi
- Stephen King
- Pregnant Chicks
- Why I’d never make it in the city
- My Brother’s Feet
- Telemarketers
- My Next Book
- E.J. tried to kill a duck!
- The time my math TA cracked up
- I miss the health food store!!!!
- The time the cops saved us from a raccoon
- Why Brad Pitt is my favorite famous person
- I don’t know why my roommates let me watch their kids
- My Job at the Health Food Store
- The only 'flat tire' I've ever had
- The time I got busted by the cops
- The time I got lost walking around the block
- I was tricked
- The time I got my eyebrows waxed
- Why I quit being a vegetarian
- Advice to all my readers
- The story of how my brother fixed my car
- My roomate's cat is a freak
-
▼
March
(78)
No comments:
Post a Comment