Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Bad news for me

Bad news, I was standing in the backyard, contemplating different ways to fuck up the neighbor's fence as revenge for the chicken citation, when karma struck me down.
I was sort of walking backwards, and I stepped on a rusty nail.

I pulled the nail from my foot, went into the house, cleaned the wound and put some peroxide on it.

I also squeezed the wound until it bled. It was pretty gross.

I haven't had a tetanus shot since I was a kid, and if I have tetanus, I'm going to wait to see if I develop any symptoms before I go and get a shot.

I have a horrible needle phobia, and it's just not worth it to get a shot if I am not 100% sure that I have tetanus now, at this time.

I looked tetanus up on the internet, and the information I read said that tetanus is usually a threat to a person if there is feces, (especially horse manure) around, because that's where the bacteria that causes tetanus, Clostridium tetani, usually thrive.

There is, of course, chicken poop out in the yard, I'm sure. So if chicken poop
causes tetanus I'm screwed.

I searched for a while to see if Chicken poop possibly caused tetanus, but I could find nothing on the internet that would reveal that information to me.

I'm just gonna wait it out, and see if I develop any symptoms.

Sure, it scares me; I never pictured myself dying from tetanus, however, it does happen to people.

Usually, it happens to people who have never been immunized. Or to those people who have lived past the age of 60, and whose pervious immunizations have worn off completely.

I'm not over 60, and I was immunized for the disease at one time, so I'll bet I'll be alright.

You never know though. If any tetanus symptoms start to develop, I'll be sure to post it to my blog, just so that everyone can follow the development.

It takes about two weeks for symptoms to begin to show if you've got tetanus.

I'm hoping like hell I don't have the disease, but I'm sure as soon as I start to show any symptoms whatsoever, I'll hot foot it to the doctor.

But I am not get any shots unless I need them FOR SURE.

No comments:

Blog Archive