You know, as long as I'm picking on my mother for thinking she has strange and uncommon diseases, I'm also gonna tell about the time she managed to get us kicked out of a pet store.
My mom was sure she had some strange illness or another, but her doctor didn't agree with her.
My mom is always fighting with her doctor about what kinds of diseases she does, and does not have.
The doctor always seems to think my mom is fine, but my mom is always sure she's gonna die.
So anyway, I can't remember what the disease was that she thought she had, but the doctor wouldn't give her any antibiotics to treat her 'medical condition'.
So, my mom did some research on the Internet, and discovered that they gave the same kind of antibiotic that she wanted to fish. So, she decided that antibiotics were antibiotics, and she'd just take fish medicine.
She came and picked me up, and made me go with her to the pet store.
There, she told the guy in charge of the fish department that she had a sick fish, and it needed some medicine.
The guy asked her what type of fish she had, and my mom panicked, and started making up a story about a fish.
She was like, "It's about six inches long. It's yellow, we named it Pokey"
"But why is the fish sick?" The guy asked her.
"It's just not swimming right. It's got a bum fin, and it's been swimming into the side of the tank. It's that right, Barbie?" She turned to me for support and I was just like,
"Oh yeah, that fish is demented, for sure."
The fish guy was looking my mother over all suspicious like, and he finally told her that he wasn't going to sell her any fish medicine unless she came in with a sample of the fish's tank water.
My mom got all pissed off because she saw no reason for her having to present 'evidence' for why she needed this fish medication.
The guy finally told her that she was just gonna have to deal with it, because rules were rules.
I have never felt shady in my life. I about ran to car, trying to get out of that pet store.
The whole time, I felt crazy and weird.
My mom was still certain she had this illness that the doctor wouldn't give her any antibiotics for, so she researched fish medication on the internet for a while, and finally found some place in Mexico that she could order the fish antibiotics from.
She got a huge supply, and actually took the fish medicine.
After a few days, she said she felt MUCH better and that she had 'cured' whatever it was that she thought she had.
Once, I got sick and she came over to my house with some of her fish medicine and tried to get me to take some and I was just like,
"Hell no! Get out of my room. You're crazy."
I'm not taking fish antibiotics. I think it's weird. And I don't care if 'Antibiotics are antibiotics, no matter the animal they're made for' (to quote my mom).
If the doctor gives me medicine I'll take it, otherwise, forget it.
Man, I'm telling you, if I grew up to be a little weird, I have legitimate reasons.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(81)
-
▼
March
(78)
- Why I’m Crazy
- I Don’t like The Randomness of Life
- What Are You talking About?
- The Saddest Movie Out there.
- Oops!
- Your diaper is not a pocket
- Bad Drivers
- The Most Harrowing Trip of My Life
- Number One and Number Two
- Bras
- An Exciting New Discovery
- 6 O’clock in the morning
- Someone is gonna get that guy, for sure
- Video Games and Violence on TV
- I gotta get some food
- Urban Sprawl
- Controversial Topics Make a Brief Reappearance
- Food
- Little Kids
- The Food where I live Is Getting Worse
- Post for my mom
- Bad News
- Shawshank Redemption
- TV
- ‘Nother mom story
- My Mom
- My readers are funny people
- Bad news for me
- ‘Art’ project stalled already
- The subdivision behind the house
- Art work
- My writing goal had been achieved.
- What would happen if I was famous?
- Reality TV
- Worst Book Ever
- I found Ram Dass on MySpace!
- The Perfect Crime
- On Writing
- Depressed
- Forced to go to the bookstore
- Psychics
- Have you ever maced yourself?
- But what can you spell with the letters: BBH?
- I wish Angelina Jolie Was My Mom
- If I was in charge
- Score!
- The lady with the gigantic breasts
- Pissing people off on accident. . . .It happens al...
- An Exciting Update
- I’m Stunned that People May Actually Be Reading My...
- The Reason Why Art Buchwald is awesome
- Why Angelina Jolie is awesome
- I’m like a trick-or-treating genius
- Don’t write naughty words on walls if you can’t spell
- Perfectly good sign of fate ruined by chickens
- Takeru "Tsunami" Kobayashi
- Stephen King
- Pregnant Chicks
- Why I’d never make it in the city
- My Brother’s Feet
- Telemarketers
- My Next Book
- E.J. tried to kill a duck!
- The time my math TA cracked up
- I miss the health food store!!!!
- The time the cops saved us from a raccoon
- Why Brad Pitt is my favorite famous person
- I don’t know why my roommates let me watch their kids
- My Job at the Health Food Store
- The only 'flat tire' I've ever had
- The time I got busted by the cops
- The time I got lost walking around the block
- I was tricked
- The time I got my eyebrows waxed
- Why I quit being a vegetarian
- Advice to all my readers
- The story of how my brother fixed my car
- My roomate's cat is a freak
-
▼
March
(78)
No comments:
Post a Comment