Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Advice to all my readers

Ok, this is not a post made solely for entertainment purposes. This is a post that I am making in order to educate my readers. Now, please, remember that I would have a degree in psychology right now if I hadn't of taken the wrong 400 level class. Even though I have to wait now until spring semester to take the right 400 level class, I still actually have taken enough classes to have my degree. Now, I'm not saying that I am an expert on the workings of the human mind, however, I do feel that I might know more than the average person.

Now listen, this is what I've discovered: People only remember the highlighted events of their past, which they then use to define themselves with. Something bad happens to you, and then you never forget it. However, you usually just gloss over most of your life and all of the daily living that you also did in the past.

Here's what I think. I think people should forgive all the bad stuff that they can remember easily, and then go back and remember all the little details that they don't usually bother with.
For instance, I have a meditation that you do for forgiving people. It works amazingly well. You just put the bad feelings and memories into the river, and watch them float away. It's my favorite meditation to do, and I've been listening to the guided meditation now for months, looking for different stuff to forgive that had previously really pissed me off. It's a rare, yet interested hobby, and I have found that practicing this particular guided imagery makes you a nicer person, with less of a hate on for people.

While I was out a few days ago, I got another guided meditation for memories, only this one has you remember all the stuff you never think about—which are incidentally, mostly everyday things and also small little things. . . Like going to pick strawberries when you were a kid, going to the lake to swim, or off to play tag. It makes you realize that your life is much more than just a few series of events that you use to define yourself with. Even if you can remember awful events, or painful events, you can probably forgive those, and then start to place more of a focus on all the little things that have happened in your life that you never bothered thinking twice about—and which actually make up the majority of your life. Everyone has had nice, everyday, times that they just forget about in order to focus on the big stuff. What I propose is to forgive all the bad big stuff, and remember all the nice little things.

I used to think I got screw over as a kid, but after letting go of all the bad feeling that I have over certain events, now I'm looking into all the nice times I can remember—and there are a lot of them, actually.
Your every day life usually provides you with pleasent experiences.
The problem is that their just not very memorable.

No comments:

Blog Archive