Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Controversial Topics Make a Brief Reappearance

You know, I don't believe in the death penalty.

And not because I think people shouldn't be killing other people either. I am well aware that sometimes killing someone really is your only option.

There are all sorts of different circumstances that could occur that may require killing another person. For instance, self defense comes to mind.

So, I'm not necessarily opposed to killing people per say.

What I'm against is killing people for punishment.

Why?

Because how do we know death is 'punishment' anyway?

Sure, every religion has its theories about what happens after death, but no one has got any actual proof.

There is absolutely not one single shred of evidence that killing someone is in anyway a punishment after that person is dead.

I'm sure waiting to be killed frightens people quite badly, of course. But after death, who knows what happens for sure?

No one who is currently alive knows this answer for a fact.

Of course, people have their theories. They have they're faith.

But they have no proof.

They have absolutely no physical evidence that they can present that says, "Hey, we know what's gonna happen to this serial killer after we kill him. We've photographic evidence and written statements about 'life on the other side'".

For all we know, criminals immediately become evil spirits after death, joining up with other evil spirits in order to become a force of evil that plagues our planet.

What's more is that, nice people die every day.

We don't conclude that people who die in what seem to be premature and untimely deaths are being 'punished'.

We call that 'God's will'.

What's more is that, why is it wrong to murder someone on your own initiative, but it's alright to kill someone if the State tells you its ok?

How does that make any sense at all?

If I got a one day pass from the Governor of my State to go on a shooting spree and kill all the 'bad people' would it really be alright to go killing people as long as I got permission first from the 'law'.

I would think murder would be murder no matter who gave me the go ahead.

This is a strange dichotomy that I can't wrap my mind around and I just cannot understand it.

I just can't help but to see strange double standards regarding this issue that do not appear to me to be quite fair.

Now I am aware that there are practical reasons for killing convicts.

It could be argued that tax payer money is saved by killing prisoners. However, tax payer money would also be saved by making prisoners work in slave camps, like I've suggested already millions of times.

We could save taxpayers a lot of money by stripping prisoners of the luxury items that they have, too.

And of course, if I was in charge, I'd strip them of pretty much everything.

For instance, I don't know why they keep giving convicts razors.

Those crazy idiots don't need any sharp objects.

Any person who could even potentially melt a toothbrush, stick a razor blade they pried from their safety razor into the heated plastic, and then hide their new 'weapon' in their rectum, does not need to shave that badly

I'm sorry, but if you do something like that, you don't get a razor anymore—end of discussion.

Hell, if you do something like that, I don't think I'd even give you another toothbrush.

In order to save on food costs, I am also a personal advocate of feeding all prisoners 'The Loaf', which Warden Thomas described in graphic detail on the Weekend Edition Saturday as a "Sort of a carrot-and stick approach to corrections. . . The carrots in this case are finely grated and mixed with wheat bread, fake cheese, spinach, beans, raisins and other ingredients and smells a little bit like the food they serve in the elephant cage at the National Zoo."
But how does it taste? "Blander than bland,"'

Why not just feed prisoners a balanced diet of vitamin enriched bread with a side of refuse and save everyone some money? That's what I think we should do anyway.

I for one don't think we should be spending a lot of money on convicts at all, so if we can bring the cost of keeping them down on the whole, killing them in order to save money really isn't a very good argument.

What's more is that, some convicts are innocent people. It's really bad when innocent people are put to death; only to have it found out later that they didn't commit the crime that they were charged with.

It's bad enough that innocent people have to sit and rot in prison cells while they desperately research law information pertaining to their case and curse their rotten attorneys or the bastards that set them up. But to kill them too as the 'ultimate punishment' seems really sad and wrong.

I'm just not for the death penalty. I don't think it's fair.

In most cases, I think being fed 'the loaf' everyday and working in a slave camp that I devised myself would be a fate worse than death anyway.

Prisoners would be lining up and asking people to shoot them in the head if I was in charge.

No comments:

Blog Archive