Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Forced to go to the bookstore

Well, I was forced into going to the Harry Potter countdown—or whatever the hell that was.
I was a good sport about it, and I didn't bitch or complain. I was very sweet. I know this, because I was even told that I was very sweet.
.
We got there, and we found out that the challenge was to answer Harry Potter trivial questions so as to win a piece of Voldemort (the dark lords) soul. His 'soul' actually turned out to be different colored marbles.

After you'd collected all of the missing pieces of the Dark Lords soul, you then were a candidate to win some vague prize.

Bekki and Aimee decided that it was kind of lame, and that they would rather just stand in line for the next two hours.

I killed time by answering the questions, just to see exactly what kind of prize it was that I would receive.

Once I had won all of the marbles representing the Dark Lords soul that I needed to claim my prize, I went up to the table and was given. . . . . a pixie stick.

I am not joking.

I won a giant pixie stick.

Now, I haven't had a pixie stick for many years. It's not generally the first thing I think about having when I'm hungry. However, I'd figured I won the stupid thing, so what the hell?

I ripped the pixie stick open, tipped my head back, and then shook about a tablespoon of disgusting sour kool aid and sugar into my mouth.

I almost spat it out all over the floor..

I waited for the sugar to dissolve on my tongue while I choked and sputtered, and then, I thought about it for a while.

Since I had won the pixie stick, it was open, and I didn't have anything to do while the people I came to the bookstore with waited in line to get their pre-ordered Harry Potter book, I decided to see if I could do it.
Could I eat an entire pixie stick?

I imagined I was on that show Fear Factor, where people eat stuff like blended rats and bugs to win thirty thousand dollars.

In my minds eye, I imagined the host of Fear Factor. He came into my head, and spoke the words, "Barbie, do you want the money? If you can eat this entire tube of sugar and kool aid, you will be the next Fear Factor champion."

I love Fear Factor. I even told my family that I'd go back to celebrating Christmas if we could have a 'Fear Factor' Christmas.

It think it would be awesome if there was some rule that if you like, ate a whole cow's tongue, then you would be the winner and then you could have all the presents.

No one would do it though.

Anyway, so I was standing there in the bookstore, pretending I was actually a contestant on Fear Factor, and I decided to risk it.

I tipped back my head, and I downed the whole pixie stick.

The thing was gigantic too, you should have seen it.

It was disgusting, and my stomach still hurts. It feels like I swallowed a golf ball.

After I ate all that sugar, I had a sugar high that I don't think I've experienced since I was 12 years old.

It was intense. I felt like jumping up and down.

Instead, I went back to the line to wait the TWO HOURS for the Harry Potter book to come out.

Bekki tried to make me feel better by informing me that I was actually sitting in a line composed of only 'My People'. And that I should look around and embrace my brothers and sisters.

Those people were not my people. The teenagers sitting behind me were about the biggest dorks I'd ever heard talking.

I didn't go to high school, I was home schooled man, so I have no idea if I would have been cool in high school or not.

I'm guessing no, and that I would have been locked inside lockers, and strung up flagpoles and stuff, but I don't actually know this for a fact.

What I do know is that those people were dorks.

I even offended some man by informing him that I was getting my Harry Potter from the library.

He got mad. He didn't think it was 'right' to say things like that at 'Harry's premiere'.

What the fuck ever, you crazy ass.

Those people were not my people. I don't care what Bekki says.

No comments:

Blog Archive